What we expect of an Apprentice Electrician
- Must have current South Dakota & Sioux Falls Apprentice license.
- Be able and willing to work well with others, including general contractors, contractor’s representatives, homeowners, inspectors, and any other trades on the job, and always work in a professional manner.
- Be able to go after materials, if needed, after calling in order first.
- Must follow the National Electric Code and comply with State and local building codes when they install systems.
- Be willing to learn to operate and run any equipment that is necessary for job completion. (Trencher, backhoe, bucket truck, etc.)
- Be willing to learn and follow instructions.
- Be able to lift approximately 60 pounds.
- Be willing and able to get into tight crawl spaces and attics to complete job duties.
- Must communicate on a professional level all the time and work well with others.
- Be willing and able to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Be willing to learn to measure, cut, and bend conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Be willing and able to clean job sites, vans and shop.
- Dig trenches or holes by hand for the installation of conduit or wire.
- Have all hand tools needed to complete job tasks.